Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yay! It's Good New this Time!

Just got back from the ortho evaluation. No surgery is indicated. Boy, does that make me feel good. The funny thing is the pain I was experiencing was on the opposite side of the meniscus tear. Go figure!

He thinks the tear is asymptomatic. But he does think there is some tendonitis/inflammation of a tendon with a fancy name! So he told me to continue slowly getting back into running, continue the Mobic I've been taking for pain and if problems still persist after a month to give him a call. Also, I need to stretch those ham strings a lot more. Interesting, when trainers tell you to stretch those muscles, there's a reason for it. Hmmm!

Anyway, I'm doing my happy dance today. Yippee!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I'm happy too that you don't need surgery. I'm very thankful for answered prayer and I know you can sleep well tonight!