Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's Not Good News

After my run yesterday I experienced some stinging, burning pain on the outside of my knee. With all the aches and pains I have had in this knee I hadn't really had this one before. Naturally it concerned me especially after my hubbie telling me his torn meniscus had felt that way. He had knee surgery a few years ago.

So this a.m. I decided I needed to have it checked out. Luckily I go to a medical clinic that I don't need an appointment for. During the consultation I stressed the importance of knowing what the problem is. She decided an MRI was appropriate. So I had that done this a.m. too.

If you have never had an MRI done before don't be in any hurry. Technology really is amazing but just to give you an idea of what it sounds like. Place a large pot over one of your ears and bang on it at varying speeds with a medal spoon or knife. That gives you a good idea. Plus you have to be extremely still. Also, an MRI isn't a fast test. After about 20 minutes I was about ready to go crazy.

And the diagnosis? A torn meniscus. So now I am waiting for a call from the sports clinic to see what has to be done. Ugh!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Susie, I am so sorry. I hate this so bad for you. I wish there was something I could do to help. Are you able to get around at all? Do you think you will require surgery right away? I know you said you had a lot of family coming in for the holidays. Please email me as soon as you hear something. I will be remembering you in my prayers.