Sunday, March 7, 2010

Panther Run 5k

It was 38 degrees, sunny with blue skies and very little wind. I had to run. So at 8:30 I put myself close to the starting line and waited for the go. I was definitely nervous and my stomach was agreeing with that but at least my heart wasn't racing like it usually does.
Already I was trying to keep up with the boys. Sometimes this helps, sometimes it's not a good thing. I can either have a great time in the end or possibly burn out.This is the homeward stretch. At this point I was whipped out. I really had to talk myself thru the whole race which basically means I was running too fast.But that's okay because I set a new p.r. of 22:13. I couldn't believe it! It's funny how as soon as I cross the finish line that sick stomach goes away. Couldn't help but take a picture of this giant guy. You can't tell from the pic but he was gigantic and had the sweetest face. I think he was a spectator.But this guy?!?! He was all about the running. His name is Jackson and he's adorable, all 135 pounds of him. He pulled his owner thru the race. I remember they ran last year too.So in the end I finished second female overall, 10th overall and won the grandmasters trophy! Yippee! It's tough getting up on cold mornings to run but oh so worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Susie!!! I am so proud of you! It is amazing how fast that sick feeling leaves once it's all over with. You must be on cloud nine after such a great finish. Good for you.