Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sidelined

Every runner must hate it. You are going along and thinking your training is going good then, oops, now you've done it.

This past Wednesday while working I bent over placing a pumpkin on a table and crack. I couldn't hardly stand back up. I had incredible pain from my lower back down to my toes. Every since I've been down and out, mentally and physically.

This isn't the first time this has happened but it seems it comes along just when my training seems to be going great.

Last year's training and racing seemed so smooth compared to this year. At the beginning of this year I found out I have a small, torn meniscus of the right knee. I had been having terrible pain in my right knee that I found out was from not stretching.

Then in June I suffered a terrible bicycle wreck and gave myself a big hole on my left knee cap. Had to take off training time to let that heal. Also, not to mention the horrible heat we had this summer which made me get up at 5:30 to run or forgo it altogether.

Now as I sit here typing this on Sat. a.m. my back isn't feeling much better. I had hoped to get back to racing this coming weekend and now it seems as tho that might not happen.

Sometimes I wonder if God is trying to tell me something.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I am so sorry you are going through this - back pain is so difficult to manage - I hope you feel better soon!