Sunday, September 6, 2009

It's a No-Go

Have you ever had one of those mornings when you know you need to get up and run but your brain can't talk you into it? Unfortunately, this was one of those mornings for me.

Normally I like to get up on Sunday a.m.'s and run before going to church. But this morning my brain refused to tell my legs to get up. Was it the fact that my legs were enjoying the soft cushiness of my bed? Or was it that my legs didn't want to get up and be subjected to pounding first thing this a.m.? Or could it have been that I just felt like being lazy this a.m. and was genuinely tired?

Well either way the legs won and I enjoyed a restful morning in my bed until eight o'clock. I haven't slept that late in I don't remember when.

Even though I enjoyed it thoroughly, now I am sitting here as I type this, feeling oh so guilty. I think it is terrible when we runners put this much pressure on ourselves. (or maybe other runners don't and it's just me).

Oh well, I guess I can chose to run this afternoon in the hot and very humid day. Or maybe I'll just do an hour walk with my hubbie.

Whatever your choice of exercise be today I hope you enjoy it more than I know I will mine.

No comments: